3 BEST tools for screen recording
Are you scratching your head over the question, "What program should I choose for screen recording to create engaging e-learning videos?" Say no more! We have three tips that will cater to all your requirements and help you with your decision.
Loom is a browser-based screen recording tool that is easy to use and requires no installation. It offers features such as recording webcam footage, screen recording, and audio recording.
- Browser-based software, which means you can use it on any device with a web browser.
- It has a simple and intuitive interface that is easy to use, even for beginners.
- Allows you to record and share videos directly from the app, making it a convenient tool for e-learning video creation.
- It offers features such as webcam recording and screen recording, allowing you to create engaging and interactive videos.
- Has limited editing tools, which may be a drawback for users who need more advanced video editing features.
- Loom's free version has some limitations, such as a 5-minute recording limit and limited storage space.
Camtasia is a widely used screen recording and video editing software. It is a complete solution for creating e-learning videos, providing features such as screen recording, audio recording, video editing, and animations.
- It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
- Wide range of editing tools and effects, making it easy to create professional-looking videos.
- It allows you to import and export various file formats, including video, audio, and images.
- Price (Business plan – $299.99/user)
- The software can be resource-intensive, which may affect the performance of your computer during video editing and rendering.
OBS Studio is a free and open-source screen recording tool that is popular among gamers, but it can also be used for e-learning video creation.
- OBS Studio is free, which makes it accessible to users with different budgets.
- It offers high-quality video recording and live-streaming capabilities.
- It provides various customization options, such as video and audio settings, filters, and plugins.
- It requires some technical knowledge to set up and configure properly.
- OBS Studio may be more suitable for live streaming and gaming purposes, rather than e-learning video creation.
Whichever of these options you choose, you won't go wrong! Let us know if you are working with something else in the comments!